Chocolate Chip, Pecan and Oat Cookies
1 hr total time
22 mins active time
- 4½ oz unsalted butter
at room temperature
- ½ cup (3½ oz) superfine sugar
- ½ cup (3½ oz) light brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (5¼ oz) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp flaky sea salt
- 1 cup (6½ oz) dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup (2 oz) pecan halves
- ¼ cup (¾ oz) old fashioned rolled oats
- 1Put the butter, superfine sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes until pale and creamy.
- 2Add the egg and beat until just combined.
- 3Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl.
- 4Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix on low speed, until just combined.
- 5Add the chocolate chips, pecans and oats and mix on low speed until just combined.
- 6Insert the wire rack into the bottom shelf position. Preheat the oven. Select BAKE/325°F/SUPER CONVECTION/12 minutes and press start.
- 7Line the pizza pan with parchment paper. Roll heaped tablespoons of the cookie dough into balls. Place eight balls evenly spaced on the tray, not too close to the edge.
- 8Once preheated, put the cookies in the oven and bake for 12 minutes until the cookies are light golden brown.
- 9Remove the cookies from the oven and cool on the tray for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 10Repeat the process with the remaining dough to make 24 cookies.
- 11When the cookies have completely cooled, store in an airtight container for 5-7 days.