Miso and Three Mushroom Spelt Pizza
1 hr 50 mins total time
30 mins active time
Makes 2 pizzas
For the spelt pizza dough:
- 1⅔ cups (8¾ oz) white or wholegrain spelt flour
- 1 tsp instant dried yeast
- ½ tsp superfine sugar
- ½ tsp flaky sea salt
- ½ cup (4 fl oz) warm water
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
For the miso dressing:
- ⅓ cup (2¾ fl oz) olive oil
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 1½ tbsp rice vinegar
- 1cm piece (¼ oz) fresh ginger
For the topping:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 green onions
- 5¼ oz baby bella mushrooms
- 3½ oz fresh shiitake mushroom
- 1¾ oz enoki mushroom
trimmed and separated
- Baby spinach leaves
- Cilantro leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1To make the spelt dough, put the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the dough hook, mix to combine. Add the oil and water and mix on medium-low speed for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. (Alternatively, combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the oil and water and mix until the dough comes together. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.)
- 2Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until the dough doubles in size.
- 3Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and punch down to remove the excess air. Knead the dough into a smooth ball. Divide into two, 7 oz pieces.
- 4To make the miso dressing, whisk all the ingredients together until well combined.
- 5To make the pizza, turn the ON/OFF switch to the ON position and PREHEAT the pizza oven for 15 minutes.
- 6Roll out each piece of pizza dough to form a 9 ½-inch round and place each on a 11 ¾-inch square piece of parchment paper.
- 7Prick the crusts with a fork or pizza docker.
- 8Spread 1 teaspoon of oil over each pizza crust. Spread 1½ tablespoons of the miso dressing over each crust.
- 9Divide the toppings evenly among the crusts.
- 10Select the THIN crust setting.
- 11Transfer one of the pizzas (still on the parchment paper) to the hot pizza stone and close the lid. Cook for 2 minutes.
- 12Open the lid and quickly slide the parchment paper out carefully. Close the lid and cook for a further 6-7 minutes or until browned. Monitor the cooking progress through the viewing window. Topping should be cooked and golden and crust crisp and brown.
- 13Open the lid carefully with oven mitt and transfer the pizza to a cutting board.
- 14Repeat with the remaining pizzas.
- 15Top with spinach leaves and cilantro. Spoon over the remaining miso dressing and season with pepper. Slice and serve.