Goat Cheese and Prosciutto Pizza
1 hr 40 mins total time
35 mins active time
Serves 2 (1 pizza)
For the dough:
- 1⅓ cups (7 oz) bread flour
- 1 tsp instant dried yeast
- ½ tsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp flaky sea salt
- 3½ fl oz lukewarm water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp semolina
For the pizza sauce:
- 14½ oz can whole tomatoes
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp flaky sea salt
- ½ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 large basil leaves
For the topping:
- ½ cup (2 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4½ oz cherry tomatoes on the vine
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4½ oz buffalo mozzarella
torn into large pieces
- 2½ oz goat cheese
broken into large pieces
- 4 slices (2 oz) prosciutto
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Basil leaves
- Micro herbs
- Arugula leaves
- 1To make the dough, put the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer with the dough hook. Mix to combine. Add the warm water and oil to the dry ingredients. Mix on medium speed for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. (Alternatively, combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the warm water and oil to the dry ingredients. Mix until the dough comes together. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic).
- 2Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 45 minutes or until the dough doubles in size.
- 3Meanwhile, make the pizza sauce, put all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process or blend until well combined. Pour into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- 4Sprinkle the semolina onto a clean surface. Turn the dough onto the semolina and punch down to remove the excess air. Knead until smooth.
- 5Stretch the dough out until it is large enough to cover the pizza pan.
- 6Insert the wire rack into the bottom shelf position. Preheat the oven. Select PIZZA/CONVECTION/FRESH/425°F/17 minutes and press start.
- 7Spread ½ cup (4 fl oz) of the pizza sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a ½ inch border. Top with the shredded mozzarella and tomatoes, season with salt and pepper.
- 8Once preheated, put the pizza in the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- 9Remove the pizza from the oven, top with buffalo mozzarella and goat cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes until the mozzarella is soft and the crust is browned.
- 10Remove the pizza from the oven. Top with prosciutto.
- 11Drizzle with olive oil, garnish with basil leaves and micro herbs. Slice and serve with arugula.