3 hrs total time
1 hr active time
Makes 4 pizzas
- 2 tsp active dried yeast
- 1½ cups lukewarm water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4½ cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch of sugar
- 2 tbsp semolina and all-purpose flour
mixed, for dusting
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 8 oz shredded whole-milk mozzarella cheese
- 6 oz thinly sliced salami
- ½ cup pitted black olives
- 1 bunch basil
- 1Combine yeast, water and olive oil in a medium bowl and stir until yeast is dissolved. Set aside for 5 minutes or until foamy.
- 2Place flour and sugar in the bowl of a Breville bench mixer. Add yeast mixture and knead with the dough hook for 8 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic. Transfer dough to a large glass bowl and cover with a clean tea towel or plastic wrap.
- 3Insert wire rack in rack position 8. Place bowl on the wire rack. Select PROOF/85°F/CONVECTION/1 hour and press START. Proof the dough for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- 4Punch down dough. Divide into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a ball.
- 5Sprinkle the semolina-flour mixture onto a clean work surface. Work with one dough ball at a time, keeping remaining dough covered with plastic wrap until ready to use. Roll first dough ball into a thin round about 10 inches in diameter. Transfer the dough to the included pizza pan.
- 6Spread ¼ cup pizza sauce evenly on the dough, leaving a I: ½-inch|m: 1cm border of crust.
- 7Sprinkle one quarter of the mozzarella, salami and olives on the pizza.
- 8Insert wire rack in rack position 7. Select PIZZA/480°F/CONVECTION/10 minutes. Press START to preheat oven.
- 9Once preheated, place pizza in oven and bake for 8–10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden in color. Sprinkle with basil leaves and serve immediately.
- 10Repeat steps 5-9 to make remaining pizzas.