Air-Fried Spring Rolls with Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
2 hrs total time
45 mins active time
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
plus extra for brushing. divided
- ½ lb ground pork
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-inch piece ginger
- 2 cups (4 oz) shredded green cabbage
- ½ cup medium shredded carrot
- 1 green onion
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 12 spring roll wrappers
(cover with slightly damp towel to keep from drying out)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
Sweet chili dipping sauce:
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Add ground pork and cook until browned, stirring frequently to break up chunks. Transfer browned pork to a bowl and reserve.
- 2Wipe the pan clean, add remaining grapeseed oil and reduce heat to medium. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
- 3Add the carrots, cabbage and green onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables have softened, 3–5 minutes.
- 4Add the browned pork back into the pan. Add the soy sauce and oyster sauce and stir well. Spread the mixture out on a baking pan and refrigerate until completely cool.
- 5Whisk together water and cornstarch in a small bowl to make a slurry.
- 6Place one spring roll wrapper on a clean cutting board so that one corner points towards you like a diamond. Keep remaining spring rolls covered until ready to use. Spread 3 tablespoons filling horizontally across the wrapper, just below the halfway line. Fold up the bottom corner tightly over the filling. Fold over the two side corners, forming a tight, neat packet. Spread a small amount of cornstarch slurry along the top edge of the wrapper (this is the glue that holds the spring roll together) and tightly roll up the spring roll.
- 7Place rolled spring roll on a baking pan or plate and keep covered with plastic wrap while making remaining spring rolls.
- 8Select AIRFRY/450°F/SUPER CONVECTION/15 minutes and press START to preheat oven.
- 9Lightly brush the outsides of the spring rolls with grapeseed oil and place in a single layer on the airfry rack.
- 10Once preheated, place the spring rolls in the oven in rack position 4 and cook for 15 minutes until golden and crisp.
- 11While the spring rolls cook, make the dipping sauce. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir well.
- 12Serve the spring rolls immediately with sweet chilli dipping sauce.