2 hrs 30 mins total time
15 mins active time
For the marinade:
- ½ cup (4 oz) white miso
- ¼ cup (2 oz) mirin
- ¼ cup (2 oz) sake
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¾-inch piece (1/2 oz) fresh ginger
peeled and finely grated
For the salmon:
- 4 x 6 oz salmon fillets
1-inch thick, skin on
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 green onions
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 bunches broccolini
- 1To make the marinade, combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined.
- 2To make the salmon, place the salmon in a large resealable bag and pour over the marinade. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight, turning the bag over occasionally to redistribute marinade.
- 3Insert the wire rack into the middle shelf position. Preheat the oven. Select BAKE/SUPER CONVECTION/400°F/6 minutes and press start.
- 4Set the broiling rack over the roasting pan. Remove the salmon from the marinade, allowing the excess marinade to drain off. Pour the marinade into a saucepan and set aside.
- 5Place the salmon in a single layer on the broiling rack.
- 6Once preheated, put the salmon in the oven and cook for 6 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, bring the marinade to a boil over medium-high heat, boil gently for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat, add the lemon or lime juice and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- 8Once the salmon has finished baking, leave it in the oven and select, BROIL/HIGH/4 minutes and press start.
- 9Place the salmon on serving plates. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with broccolini and the boiled miso marinade.